Writing an evaluation essay is aimed to produce an in-depth analysis of one or another product, business, item, event, establishment, etc. As easy as this task may seem at first thought, it is a time-consuming endeavor, very much like any other academic assignments. It has a number of pitfalls, and you should pinpoint these before you start writing.
In this review, we’ll detail in the main tips to follow when tinkering the ideas for an evaluation essay, give an evaluation essay definition and help you gain a greater insight into it in general.
What is an Evaluation Essay?
For clarification: the key purpose of this task is to provide a detailed description of one or another item. Besides, an irreplaceable part of any evaluation is your own viewpoint. However biased it may be, that’s what it all about. Yet, you should be able to justify your valuation based on solid facts often beyond your personal tastes and prerogatives.
If you wish to create an A-level essay, you should follow certain criteria. Besides, there are specific requirements for this form of writing. Before being given this task, the first thing to do is to learn the CJE guidelines:
- Criteria. You should establish certain criteria in order to keep it organized.
- Evidence. Any factual information you use with the aim to support your judgment and valuation.
The facts you mention in your essay should be truthful and supported by the evidence.
How to Write an Evaluation Essay – Tips to Follow
There are certain requirements as for the style and format in which good evaluation essay should be presented. These have always been a major factor in making such an assignment shine, and you should strictly follow them.
How to Start an Evaluation Essay with Ease?
Before you embark on writing, you should come through a preliminary stage. Typically, it takes more time to conduct research activities than to write on topics that you're personally passionate about. Yet, you’ll get a proper essay as a result. For those of you who have not the foggiest idea of how to start an evaluation essay, we have a couple of useful tips at our disposal. Here we go:
- Pick an interesting topic. If you wonder what to write an evaluation essay on, we’ll try to give a clue. It can be an interesting movie, book or magazine. Mayhap, you have just visited a new café in your city. You can weigh all the pros and cons of it in your essay.
- Create a winning thesis statement for an evaluation essay. It should be short but informative. The overarching aim of your thesis is to reveal the main idea of your paper.
- Choose the main criteria on the basis of which you will make your judgment (3-5 criteria would do).
- Read the secondary literature for the facts that can approve or disprove your stance.
These are the main stages you should go through to assess how well your research is performing. You simply can’t start covering the subject area without proper research; an introduction is a next move to make.
How to End an Evaluation Essay – Effective Guideline
In very deed, you should bear in mind that a closing statement is your last resort to shape the views of your readership. Your key objective is to talk them into thinking your stance is defendable and in general correct. Except for airing your own opinion, you should base it on different facts, taken from trusted sources.
Furthermore, the final part of your essay is following. So, how to end an evaluation essay and get into the ears of your readership? Here’s how:
- Put it all in clear text which is understandable to everyone who takes on it.
- Be easy on the padding.
- Be laconic and persevering.
- To make your audience trust you, you should base on what happens in practice, on life and science. Double check your sources before making them public.
Look through the Best Evaluation Essay Ideas
If you haven't been given enough time in your assignment or your workflow has been disrupted, you may spend hours over hours to pick up a subject which is interesting for you and your readers — and all of this was to no avail. To help you out, we have a handful of topics below. Check the list and grab yours:
- Find the best gym in your city. Why do you consider it a place you’d rather be?
- Why is swimming better than gymnastics?
- Pick up your favorite action adventure movie and explain why it is worth seeing;
- Choose a biopic and consider the truthfulness of its facts;
- Evaluate the fast food restaurant you attend most often. Explain your choice.
- Compare thin-crust pizza restaurants in your city.
- What supermarket in your city offers the best pricing policy?
A Simple Evaluation Essay Outline – Example for Students
Why do we need to compose an outline? This stage of writing has only one purpose – to simplify this task and help you not to lose some ideas. Below, you can find a sample of a movie evaluation outline, allowing you to understand how to craft this task.
If your key priority is to analyze one or another film, TV show or series, you should put emphasis on the following aspects:
- What is the genre of the movie?
- What are the main characteristic features of this genre?
- Find the film which is regarded to be the best representative of this genre and compare both of them.
After that, your key purpose is to define the criteria:
- Analyze the main characters, their manner of playing and other interesting facts about them;
- What about the animation?
- Evaluate the FX, SGI, script, etc.;
- What about the film director? Has he succeeded?
This task is not hard but time-sapping. Grab our useful guidelines, and you’ll definitely meet this academic challenge! They are totally worth having! Furthermore, this skill will come useful in the near future (when you start building your career). If you run across problems, feel free to contact our team of well-versed authors. Our helpful offer is no blind. Mash the button, place an order, lean back, and sigh with relief: You've finally nailed it!